[SI-LIST] Re: 2.5D and 3D Solvers

  • From: "Paradiso, Cathi" <CathiParadiso@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>, <avtaarenator@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 17:20:47 -0400

I am a recruiter with Cisco Systems.  Following is a brief description
of the opportunity located in San Jose, CA- Although it may not be
something that interests you, I'm wondering if you could help me?  Who
do you know that may be interested, Student? Colleague? Friend?
Neighbor? Relative? that is properly skilled and interested in a great
opportunity?

=20

=20

=20

Immediate Openings for Microcode Development Engineers

771436- MONICA/CATHI

LOCATION San Jose, California

=20

Software/Microcode Development Engineer-Gigabit Switching Business Unit

Entry-level through senior positions are open.

All experience levels are encouraged to apply

*       Ideal candidates have extensive microcode programming experience
in the areas of L2/L3 Switching=20
*       MPLS=20
*       QoS=20
*       C and C++ programming experience is highly desirable as well=20
*       Sound knowledge of transport based network processors is a
strong plus

=20

JOB DESCRIPTION

Join the software team that is responsible for one of Cisco's highest
revenue products, the Catalyst 4000 Family. In order to aggressively
continue to grow our revenue, we are expanding into new markets by
adding new capabilities to the platform.

The GSBU software team is a small, startup group of  developers who are
responsible for the embedded code that runs on the Catalyst 4000
platform. We are looking for talented and self-motivated microcode
development engineers who will help us develop innovative new features
in our network processor based next generation metro product line to
expand our growing market share in the service provider market.

You will work closely with the software and devtest teams defining
features for the network processor and collaborate closely with the
marketing teams in coming up with the right solutions for the various
features for our product.  Also, requires coordination with a other
groups inside of Cisco.

Responsibilities include designing and implementing new features, fixing
bugs, and working with cross-functional teams such as software, hardware
design, diagnostics, devtest, documentation, and the customer support
teams to deliver high-quality software releases.

=20

=20

SKILLS:

BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent is required (PhD a plus).

Ideal candidates have :

extensive microcode programming=20

Experience in the areas of  L2/L3 Switching,=20

MPLS,=20

QoS.  =20

C and C++ programming experience is highly desirable as well.   =20

Sound knowledge of transport based network processors is a plus.

Self-motivated team players with strong communication skills (written
and verbal) are encouraged to apply.

=20

=20

=20

Cathi Paradiso

=20

Talent Acquisition and Management

=20

Cisco Systems

=20

=20

=20

Change the way you work - visit www.cisco.com/jobs

=20

=20

=20

=20

595 S Angus Ave

Pueblo, Co  81007

TEL 800 491-6705=20

TEL 719 647-2703

FAX 954 308-0332

cathiparadiso@xxxxxxxxxxxx

=20

=20

If you do not wish to receive future e-mails from Spherion, please reply
to this e-mail and include "Opt-Out" in the subject line.