[SI-LIST] Re: 2.5 D numerical softwares

  • From: "Jon Powell" <jonpowell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haowang@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:53:27 -0700

If I understand you definition of 2.5 D software, that is, a 2D analysis of
a cross-section of PCB which then is extended in the length demension
assuming consistent transverse fields, then just about all of the modern
(and even more ancient) solvers and simulators use this approach. Off the
top of my head: (no order, some tool names some company names) XTK,
Hyperlynx, Ansoft, Spectrequest, Quantic, XSPICE (where X = H,Q,P,N,<NULL>,
and doubtess other letters). Then if you want some of the later generation
tools that are claiming 3D, look at sigrity.

My apologies for the many exclusions. Take a look at the IBIS web page for
more ideas.

regards,
jon