[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: whelping first litter questions

  • From: barbara17236@xxxxxxx
  • To: helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 16:24:39 -0500 (EST)

I keep my puppy room (extra bedroom) temp at 70 degrees.   Heat lamp over the
pool for the first day or two.  After all of the pups are born,  I have carpet
in the bottom of my pool, so the pups aren't on the cold plastic.    I usually
have the ceiling fan on low during the daytime.

BTW - I use a regular blow dryer, set on low, to dry each puppy right after
birth.

Barb Hively - PA
DNA.  It's what makes a white, a German Shepherd