[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: was be happy/ get over it!

  • From: MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:02:16 EST

Everybody needs an attraction to get them into something.  Love of the breed
isn't enough.  The reason is, the majority of people that love the breed, are
not fanciers of the breed.  They are "only" lovers.  These people are the
people who love and adore the Shepherd, but "only" own them as friends and
companions.
I would consider people like you on the list, and myself, lovers and
fanciers.  People who [wish] to show.  People who breed champions.  People who
want to
increase the longevity of the breed (which I honestly think has gone a bit
south, in favor of breeding younger "super stars" rather than waiting).

I mention all the time that many times I end up with a sour taste in my
mouth, and I wonder why I keep on.  It's because I am not a lover of the breed,
but
a lover and fancier of it.

If any of you are in the midwest (especially Wisconsin), and you see a black
girl at an all breed show with no lead in her hand, come say hello, because
I'm more than happy to help you out, whether it is holding a dog, or taking in
an "extra" for you.  And I'm definitely happy just to talk to you, and learn
anything I can

In a message dated 12/16/2005 10:21:50 AM Central Standard Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:
You don't have to wait for "attractions".

- Jackie

Marcato Shepherds
Where it's about function, not flash