[ SHOWGSD-L ] was be happy/ get over it!

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: whereis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, willowlakegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:19:46 EST

In a message dated 12/16/2005 10:51:20 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
whereis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Sherry,
After reading your post - and agreeing - I have one major  observation:  How
do you bring new people into this game when you have  just pointed out some of
the major obstacles?  It's getting harder and  harder to keep our little
specialty club going - there are no facilities  available for training in our
area
(at least that we can afford).  Our  club has now shrunk to less than a
skeleton crew - how does a club bring in  new members when the club's only
activities are pretty much simply holding two  conformation shows per year?
How does
a club even get  new  individuals interested in showing dogs, or joining a
club, when there is so  much negativity out there from those already involved
in
the breed?
Simply look at the comments contained in your post below, and direct these
opinions to a newcomer.  Aside from "love of the breed", where's the
attraction?

Valerie  Harrington
whereis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Why Wait?  Move to  EarthLink.

Well, a club holds agility, rally, etc. trials.  You have matches,  hold CGCs
and TCs. You don't need a "training facility", a field will  do. You have
someone do a web-site and a newsletter, they are both the glue  that hold a
club
together.

I'm sooooooooooo tired of hearing about all the doom and gloom.  Our  breed
isn't in bad shape, we don't have overwhelming health issues and I get  goose
bumps every AM.

(Then again, CH Fannie is in whelp to CH JR, CH Mattie was bred to CH Cody,
I have a few cute youngsters growing up waiting their turn.)  I see
beautiful, heart stopping movement daily:)

Cartels?  Apathy?  If this attitude is prevalent w/ the "new  blood", I
suggest you find something else to do with your time because dogs are
apparently
stressing you (generic you) out too much.

You don't have to wait for "attractions".  The love of the dogs  is enough,
or it should be.  The ice storm last PM created an unbelievably  beautiful
sunrise this AM.  All is right with the world:)

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_