[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ticks n' turkeys

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ROBINHAUSGSD@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 15:49:55 -0700

Not when you live in an area with Coyotes, Foxes, Mountain Lions, Bob Cats and
even an occasional bear.   <G>
We have wild turkeys that come through about once a week......we lock the dogs
up and let the Turkeys
scratch around......but the deer consistently replenish the tick population.
We are in Northern California......in the foothills as you begin to climb into
the Sierra's toward Donner Lake
and Lake Tahoe headed towards Reno, Nevada.
OR................as my 'flatlander'  friend Jerry Guzman,  in SOUTHERN
California calls it........."the Jungle"..........<G>

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com