  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 08:00:34 -0500 (EST)

I dont know who was the first dog, but I know we lost one of ours to DM in
1999, he was 11 years old, and trust me, this was not an easy thing to
watch.

* Ileana  *
Inquest GSD's, Home of :
BISS 3x Sel EX AM CH & 2x Sel CAN CH  Karizma's Cacique of Inquest TC, aka
DEXTER
Kaleef's Expensive Date (major  pointed) aka JACKIE
and the Poodle Patrol, Bunny, Huckleberry and Doc  Holliday

In a message dated 12/11/2011 2:47:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Does  anyone know who the first GSD that was diagnosed with DM?  I never
heard
of it 30 years ago.

That is great news there will  be testing in the future for mega and IBD I
did not
hear of these 2  diseases 30 years ago either.

Theresa

Date: Sun, 11  Dec 2011 07:42:05 -0800 (PST)
From: MORGAN LEWIS  <shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: CHIC
Too me the   CHIC should never have been watered down to make the
requirements easier to  obtain!! The Thyroid test is the best in the  world,
and
should be  updated at least every 2 years or breeding cycle. The DM test while
still  contriversial, appears to be  valid, although complicated!!

In the next several months, we will probably see test for   Mega and IBD,
and possibly several more. The  GSDCA (Health and Genetics  Committee)should
evaluate each of these test and determine if they should be  part of the
CHIC PROTICOL. We need to reinstate the GSDCA HEALTH MERIT  AWARD. I would
like to see the  AD and BH become part of the  GSDCA  Health  Program. The
more evaluations of Health and Temperament  that we have and USE, the  better
the   BREED

Morgan  Lewis, RPh.
Member GSDCA
President  Last Hope of  Georgia 501c3
"So Much to Do, So Little  Time"

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.