  • From: "Andrew Tesiorowski" <andrewtesiorowski@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 18:40:32 +0000

Hey all! Anybody out there member of the club that is having the midwest
futurity in a couple of weeks( I believe May 5) I am looking to know both
where it is as well as the name and where the host hotel is located??
Pleasejust somebody from the club that would know all of this information to
avoid info overload....thanks...cheers

From:  Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:  showgsd-l digest users <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  showgsd-l Digest V4 #1817
Date:  Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:16:24 -0400 (EDT)
>showgsd-l Digest Thu, 26 Apr 2007 Volume: 04  Issue: 1817
>
>In This Issue:
>#1: From: "Cyndy Davis" <cyndyinseattle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: lew's column
>#2: From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: AB 1634
>#3: From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: lew's column
>#4: From: gsdlady28@xxxxxxx
>Subject: sables
>#5: From: gsdlady28@xxxxxxx
>Subject: sables/gene dominance
>#6: From: gsdlady28@xxxxxxx
>Subject: parvo

>Msg: #1 in digest
>From: "Cyndy Davis" <cyndyinseattle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: lew's column
>Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:28:16 -0700
>
>Complaining being defined as stating a problem without proposing a
>resolution?
>I'm in.
>

>Cyndy Davis
>www.texasdogs.com
>Callian German Shepherds
>

>>From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
>>To: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>CC: LEWIEB@xxxxxxx
>>Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: lew's column
>>Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:14:15 -0400
>>
>>Wow!  Lew watches Oprah.  How cool is that? :-)  Since I haven't received
>>my April Review yet, I don't know what was said in the article.  But, I
did
>>see the Oprah show about these bracelets.  So, I have a challenge.  And, I
>>bet some money could be made on this, LOL!
>>
>>Everyone on the List who orders one should speak up and let us know they
>>committed to NO Complaining.  Then, we could monitor the List and see who
>>complains during those 21 days.  For each complaint, the violator would
pay
>>$5.00 to the GSDCA Charitable Foundation.
>>
>>I'm game.  Anyone else?
>>
>>Laura Thomas

BE
>>PROSECUTED.
>>
>>For assistance, please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>>VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org
>>===========================================================================
=

>Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.
>http://games.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmemailtaglineapr
il07

>------------------------------
>
>Msg: #2 in digest
>Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:35:17 -0400
>From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: AB 1634
>
>Permission to crosspost
>
>Walt <waltah@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  AB 1634 is out of the Committee on
Businessand Professions. It will
>next be heard in the Committee on Appropriations. They will not be
>interested in "I don't like this idea" or "AB 1634 will eliminate my
>hobby" or even "AB 1634 will reduce Californian's freedom to choose
>where to buy their pets.
>
>That committee's focus is "How much is this going to cost?" That is
>the ONLY thing they care about. The good news is that California is in
>deep money doo-doo and a bill that will cost a lot has no chance of
>passing.
>
>The reason Levine spent so much time on claims that the bill would
>greatly reduce shelter costs is that such claims are his best hope of
>getting the bill passed.
>
>What we need to do now is think through how the bill will raise costs
>for local government and estimate (when we can) how much it might
>raise those costs.
>
>It WILL raise costs -- MSN is far from a new idea and nobody has made
>it work yet. But getting that story in a form that the commitee will
>understand is going to be a challenge and we don't have much time.
>
>Let's get to work, folks.
>
>Walt Hutchens
>

>------------------------------
>
>Msg: #3 in digest
>Subject: Re: lew's column
>Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:34:13 -0400
>From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
>
>YES!  Complaining is stating a problem or issue without a plan to resolve
it.  It's just bitching about something.  I am in too and will put my money
where my keyboard is.  If I complain and get called on it, I will put up the
money for the Foundation.  Who else is in?

which is not a color gene, but a gene that masks the phenotype or true color
of the dog, which I recently learned!) If a dog carries the sable gene, it
ISa sable. It may carry black and tan or black as well, but sable is the
dominant gene, therefore is the Phenotype of the dog. You can not get sables
unless at least one of the parents is a sable. (unless one of them is a
whitethat carries the sable gene)There are some sables that have black and
tan markings and when they grow up somtimes it is hard to tell if they are a
poorly pigmented/washed out black and tan or a sable, and I have seen dogs
that are registered incorrectly as a black and tan when they should be a
sable.

>Maggie Marshall
>Aeval German Shepherds
>http://hometown.aol.com/gsdlady28/index.html
>Website Updated 03/21/2007
>
>Subject: Sables
>Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 07:49:11 -0400
>There are a lot of very smart people on this list. I would like to know
>about the sable coloration.
>I was wondering when you have a sable pup do both parents need to carry
>sable or just one parent? this being both parents are not sable.
>kerri
>AOL now offers free email to everyone.  Find out more about what's free
fromAOL at AOL.com.

>------------------------------
>
>Msg: #5 in digest
>Subject: sables/gene dominance
>Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:12:36 -0400
>From: gsdlady28@xxxxxxx
>
>Actually not quite true....Sable is dominant over all, black and tan is
recessive to sable, but dominant over black. Black is a pure recessive.
Every dog has two color genes, the phenotype, which is what the dog IS,and
the genotype, which is the other gene the dog carries, which you cant see.
When bred each dog gives one of these genes to each puppy in the litter.  If
a dog is a Sable, his phenotype is sable, but his genotype could be sable,
black and tan, or black. If it was Sable/sable, then that is the only thing
he will produce, no matter what he is bred to, because it is dominant over
all other colors, but the puppies would carry one of whatever color genes
theother parent had, for example if a sable/sable was bred to a black
&tan/black &tan, then the puppies would all be sable and would carry the
black &tan gene. If he is a sable that carries the black and tan, then half
of his puppies would get the sable gene, and half would get the black and
tangene, same thing w
>  ith black gene. If a Sable/black &tan is bred to a black &tan/black &tan,
then half of the puppies would be sable that carry the black and tan gene,
and half of them would be black and tans who carry the back and tan gene. If
a Sable/black was bred to a black, then half would be sables who carry black
and half would be blacks. If a Sable/black was bred to a black&tan/black,
then 25% would be sables that carry black&tan, 25% would be sables that
carrythe black gene, 25% would be black &tans that carry the black gene, and
25% would be blacks. If a black &tan/black &tan is bred to a black, all of
the puppies would be black &tan, but would all carry the black gene, and if
ablack &tan/black was bred to a black, half of the puppies would be black
&tans that carry the black, and half would be blacks, and if a black
&tan/black &tan is bred to a black& tan/black, then 25% would be black
&tan/black&tan, 25% would be blacks, and 50% would be black &tans who carry
the bla
>  ck. (percentages are based on 100 puppies, so in a litter of 10 it
usuallyworks out about right, but not necessarily!)

>Maggie Marshall
>Aeval German Shepherds
>http://hometown.aol.com/gsdlady28/index.html
>Website Updated 03/21/2007
>
>From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Sables
>Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:26:54 -0400
>If you have a Sable puppy, at least one of the parents MUST be a Sable.
>Otherwise it is not a sable pup.
>
>Sable is dominant in GSDs. Black and tan is recessive. Therefore, if a dog
>IS black and tan, it ONLY has the b/t recessives. So, to be a Sable, one
>parent must be Sable.
>AOL now offers free email to everyone.  Find out more about what's free
fromAOL at AOL.com.

>------------------------------
>
>Msg: #6 in digest
>Subject: parvo
>Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:15:11 -0400
>From: gsdlady28@xxxxxxx
>
>I wonder if they used the modified live parvo shots or the killed? I have
seen pups get parvo from the mod live shot, esp young pups

>Maggie Marshall
>Aeval German Shepherds
>http://hometown.aol.com/gsdlady28/index.html
>Website Updated 03/21/2007
>
>From: "Arcturus" <Arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: parvo
>Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:19:22 -0400
>Last week I talked to someone in Florida who had a litter of puppies
developed
>Parvo after they were vaccinated. The puppies recovered, but were seriously
sick
>for some time. This week someone I know in California has a litter that
>developed Parvo after they were vaccinated too.  This litter was vaccinated
with
>Neo-Par.  Has anyone else heard of  Parvo cropping up?  SueT
>AOL now offers free email to everyone.  Find out more about what's free
fromAOL at AOL.com.

>End of showgsd-l Digest V4 #1817

Live U's list of the best places to Eat, Study & Party[1]

--- Links ---
   1 http://g.msn.com/8HMAENCA/2743??PS=47575