[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: show results for rhode island and New Haven Clubs

  • From: MASSTANA@xxxxxxx
  • To: trish368@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 15:23:01 EDT

Yesterday we had a very nice turnout for both clubs.  Great judges,  nice
weather (a bit muggy in the PM) and only 4 absentees for the whole  day.

In the am under Judge Ed Barritt WD was the Parkhurst's young dog, Sirius
Park's Santana (Carlos) won the open class and took the 4 points.  I
believe he also won 2 weeks previously at Central Mass under Debbie  Hokkennam
(sp?).  Reserve was the Am Bred winner Scharo Ark Standing  Outside the Fire.
In bitches it was the Am Bred, Lyloak's Fresca who  took the 4 points.
Fresca also won the week previous under Brenda  Newby in Albany.  Fresca is
litter sister to Ch. Lyloak's First Knight,  both Army kids.  Reserve was
Stonewall's Dirty Look out of Nico and  Looker.   The BOB went to Ch Scharo Ark
Fire and Ice and BOW went to  WB.  BOS went to Ch Nikiree's Summer Premiere.
BP was the young dog  shown by Fred Freeman, Ivy Ledges Private Eye.

In the afternoon show under Judge Don Smith, WD was (I think) Stonewall's
You're Not the Boss of Me (a Ch Mocha and Ch Esmeralda son) and RWD was
Carlos.  It win was worth 3 points.  In bitches the Am Bred  winner, Fresca,
won another 4 points and finished.  Big  congratulations to Jason on this
quick finish (3 in a row that I saw) and to her  handlers, George Berstler and
Sean Conboy.  BOB went to Ch First Knight and  Fresca was BOS and BOW.  BP
here was (I think) Sirius Park's Vegas Showgirl  and BOP was Private Eye.

All and all it was a very nice show with nice people being nice!  Dogs
looked great and the judging was crisp and consistant (at least to my eye it
was).  We showed two sisters in 12 to 18 and they both won.   Masstana's
Midnight Celebration (Gala) won her 5 dog class in the am and  Masstana's
Midnight Kiss (Kizzy) won her 4 dog class in the pm.

Many thanks to the members of the GSDC of Rhode Island for their
hospitality and assistance and to the Lindsay's (Bob and Sandy) for their great

after show food fest at their house.   We always enjoy going to this  show and
see our NE friends again.
John Vaught, President GSDC of Gtr New Haven