[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: sANTA BARBARA sHOW

  • From: "Barbara Lee WILLIAMS" <santanagsd1954@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <cccaudiology@xxxxxxxxx>, <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx>, <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "DIR" <Dir@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:10:35 -0800

BILL HIXSON, ONE OF OUR DEAREST FRIENDS, ALWAYS HANDLED OUR  CH. VON SCHRIEF'S
PORTRAIT ROM (NEVER CHARGED US A DIME AND TOOK HIS VACATIONS  AROUND  CERTAIN
DOG SHOWS, JUST SO HE COULD HANDLE HER.. )AND DID SO AT SANTA BARBARA WHEN SHE
WENT BIS AND MY HUSBAND DOYLE,  WAS HIS 'DESIGNATED  RUNNER', THE ONE IN THOSE
OLD DAYS WHO COULD RUN IN AND TAKE OVER DURING THE HOURS OF GAITING AND 'SPELL;
THE HANDLER...WE DIDN'T DOUBLE HANDLE OUR  OWN DOGS.. SOME DOGS ARE BORN SHOW
DOGS AND THEY DON'T NEED IT...THE ONES WHO DIDN'T LIKE THE  SHOW RING, WE
FINISHED AND LEFT AT HOME...LIKE OUR   CH. SANTANA'S MAN O' WAR ROM .
 HE WAS LIKE HIS SIRE CH. BERND VON KALLENGARTEN ROM  WHO ALSO WASN'T EXCITED
ABOUT SHOWING OFF IN A SHOW RING.EITHER... MAN O' W AR WAS BERND'S TOP
PRODUCING SON..AND ERNIE LOEB ALWAYS SAID, 'THAT MAN O' WAR WAS BERND'S MOST
BERND LIKE SON, CONFORMATION AND DISLIKE OF THE SHOW RING.. IT DOES SEEM TO BE
GENETIC, THE LIKE OR DISLIKE OF THE SHOW RING..MUCH LIKE  RACE HORSES WHO
EITHER LOVE IT AND GIVE IT THEIR ALL, OR WON'T PERFORM AND DON'T GIVE A DARN
ABOUT RUNNING THE RACE.. BARB WILLIAMS