[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: relief ?? Kind of sad

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: bnbgsds@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:04:29 EDT

In a message dated 8/31/2005 5:58:47 A.M. Central Standard Time,
bnbgsds@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
My GSD's  and myself are wondering something. When a country has a disaster
>  happen the United States usually sends people and supplies to them to
help. I
> haven't heard of any country sending aid or offering to help all the
people
> from the devastating Katrina. Have any of you heard of any ??
> Curious SallyHH

If you've been watching TV,you will see miles of relief aid trucks of  every
sort lined up on the highway ready to go into New Orleans,but were stopped  by
the whole city being covered with water. Pres Bush released aid money  even
BEFORE this disaster(first time in history),and the trucks were there  with
food,water,National Guard,but they can't get into the city. Even this  AM the
dome is surrounded with water,and people can't get out. They have to  evacuate
the entire city. Talking about a tent city north out of area,or cruise  ships.
People walked 8-10 miles to get to dome,and can't get to it to be  evacuated
because of water surrounding it. So there is the aid there,but the  city has to
find a way to get the flooding stopped ,or the people out  so the aid can get
to them.The electricity is all down for the southern half of  the 3 states
effected-pumps don't work.It's a terrible situation. I suppose  they'll have to
get boats to get the out since the helicopters can't carry many  people,but
that's for rescue off roofs,and no place to land a big  transport  plane to
evacuate the huge number of people  Helen