[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: rawfeeding ..... Carnivore feed suppliers list...Evan?

  • From: "juel" <juel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 19:58:13 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
> Feed what you feel comfortable feeding.   If it works, and the dogs are
> healthy, why worry.   I grew up with my mom scraping the plates and the
> small
> leftovers into a big bowl or two and the dogs got a feast.   Days that
> were short
> on plate scrapings, she opened a can of ?KalKan?   Dumped IT in the bowl.
> The
> days we were out on one of the ranches, the dogs brought home some strange
> dinners of their own.   All lived healthy and long lives.
**********************************
I agree....when I met him my husband's shepherd was fed TUFFY's -- well I
came along and he got that plus all the leftovers from our meals, and he
{{of course}} killed many chipmunks, rabbits and critters on the ten acres.
His last vet checkup at the age of 13.5 - the vet argued there was no way
this dog was this old and looked this good (we had to backline and show him
that he was at least this old as he came to my husband when he was full
grown, so he could very well have been even older) - Anyhoo....he was a
bi-color and his coat was so shiny it looked like liquid ink...he ran like
the wind and played with the kids like a puppy. Unfortunately that winter he
got hit by a car on our driveway *sniff and sigh*....so we'll never know how
long he would have lived....

And like mentioned earlier....feed what families fed before there was
commercial dog food - they ate our leftovers! And lived to ripe old ages!

Judy and Pixel -- (who's also very concerned as to what us humans are eating
nowadays! ARGH!)