[ SHOWGSD-L ] looking for a young adult to train for service dog.

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 08:57:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all

I got the following email from a gentleman here in Oregon. What he needs is a
young adult that can be trained to help him in his wheel chair and pick up
articals. Must be good with kids and in public. This dog will go to college
with him. He had trained an 18 month old GSD from rescue and it died of torsion
last month. Money is a problem because he is on disability.  What he needs is a
young dog with a high desire to please. so if you guys have a young adult that
was close but not close enough :0) (We all have been there.) If you think this
dog can be trained for a service dog for this man please let me know. I don't
care what it looks like I need that trainability and that desire to serve.

thanks
Terry
www.fairwayshepherds.com

Dear Terry,

Thank-you for your time talking to me about my needs for a non show quality
GSD.  I pray that you make your meeting on time.  As mentioned either a rescue
GSD or one in need of a good home, keep me in mind.  Living on a disability
pension, cost will be a factor.  As mentioned I would have no problem
sterilizing the dog for reduced cost, and to assure you that I have no desire
to compete in the breading arena.

  I would love if my son and I could visit your facility in the next few days.
Please advise when this will be convent for you.

  Till then Take care,

  Alan R. Mildon