[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: baby strollers

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: GSDLady28@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 09:28:22 EST

In a message dated 12/5/2007 10:49:14 P.M. Central Standard Time,
gsdlady28@xxxxxxx writes:
As a  parent of a 1 year old, and being a handler and exhibitor, I can say I
have?on  occasion been told "that stroller is not allowed in  here

 Let me give you another viewpoint. As a judge,in a ring, a baby  stroller
should be no concern of mine ,right ? and normally I'm not aware of  what
happens outside my ring. But there was an occasion that brought it to my
attention.
There was a young couple sitting right by the entrance, with their  young
baby in a stroller. Apparently they had a dog in the ring,and I was doing  GSDs
at the time,so I recognized them of course. The baby started  fussing,which
ended up in wailing,then crying it's head off. The reaction  by,first one
GSD,then another GSD was amazing.  To say the least all 12  dogs in the ring,
were
visibly  agitated. I had my steward go over and ask  them to move,that it was
affecting the dogs. Well the husband stayed  there,and the wife picked up the
baby and started walking away and around to the  other side. The baby still
fussed,and the dog who must have belonged to  them,kept turning and turning. I
finally asked my steward to tell them they had  to leave the area--talk about
"double handling" <G>  It took a while  to settle the class down and proceed.
Our GSDs are particularly sensitive to the  crying of an infant or child. I'm
sure you all have had that with your own kids.  Helen Miller Fisher

products.