[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What would you do?

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: MissHereford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 14:00:14 EST

In a message dated 12/31/2005 12:10:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
MissHereford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
In  response.  The stud dog owner had to know because she was With the owner
the day they, together,  picked up the puppy and it was made clear  the puppy
was placed on a Limited Registration.. Deception had to have  occured at some
point thereafter if the individual registration  certificate was altered.

With all due respect, you said you weren't there.  I've been told of  lots of
"deals" re purchases, breedings, puppies back, who shot John and I make  it
my business NOT to remember, much less get involved.  I've been w/ folks  when
dogs were being purchased, transported, etc., and I'm always a discreet
distance away, deliberately NOT paying attention or getting involved.
Besides,
signing a registration form as the stud dog owner ONLY certifies the  breeding
took place, so even if the stud dog owner DID know your intentions at  one
point, they weren't in any way obligated to honor/enforce/respect them or to
verify that YOU hadn't changed the registration and whatever "deal" you struck
w/
the original, (now dead) owner...

In fact, here are the only obligations of the stud dog owner:

The Owner of a dog which is bred must record:
    *   Date and place of mating
    *   Names of persons handling mating
    *   Registered name and number of dog to which mated
    *   Name and address of its owner
Now, you may have your feelings hurt because you think the stud dog owner
didn't respect your wishes, but...oh well...they didn't do anything "wrong" per

the AKC.

As  far as asking for opinions "after closing the barn door after the horses
got out" I was merely curious as to how the German Shepherd Dog community
would have responded if they were in the same situation. No more, no  less.

Personally I feel I did the right thing in filing the complaint,  save I
would not have done it,  to protect the integrity of the  industry as well as
the viability of the Limited Registration option. And  for the record, the
female was not spayed prior to placement due to her  age.

The "integrity" of the industry has little to nothing to do w/ hurting a
bunch of second, third and fourth party owners  who weren't involved in the
original transaction. I'm with Ed and have no use for limited  registrations.
If
I feel a breeding is nice enough to do, that the bitch  and the dog are breed
worthy, AND I'VE DONE MY HOMEWORK RE THE PUPPY HOMES,  I don't bother.  I'd
certainly never do a juvenile spay.

When it comes down to a choice of you not having your wishes respected by
someone who has since passed, finding out about it and letting sleeping dogs
lie, or the damage, hurt and hard feelings that have surely resulted in a
complaint filed by you to the AKC, I still would have kept quite about it in
lieu
of hurting the innocent parties.

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_