[ SHOWGSD-L ] We may be too mello

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 14:47:01 EDT

In a message dated 5/2/2010 10:51:23 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx writes:

Just a  suggestion, going forward when dealing with contracts, perhaps
correspondence should be sent registered mail/return receipt  required.
It
could bite us one day thinking we have a binding  contract when we really
don't.

It can be a problem when the board does not have a lawyer to  talk to, or
declines to do so. Lamar is there now, and I am always willing to  listen.

When the national was in Los Angeles, Burbank, they changed  the zoning.
We had a contract, but the city claimed they could not  allow us to go
forward.   I offered to petition for a variance so the  show could go on, but
the
club didn't want me to bother, and moved the  show.

When we were to have the show in Del Mar, they changed the  contract and
raised the prices. I offered to force them to comply with the  contract, but
the club didn't want me to bother, and paid the additional  costs.

Contracts are intended to be followed, and our Constitution,  (remember
that, it was in all the papers), give the citizens of our country the  right to
contract. Contracts are made to be followed, not broken.

I always have been willing to help our club, but I have  learned to no
longer offer, but will be there if asked.  Lamar does a great  job for our
board, and our board has always tried and done the best they  can.  There are
times when I think they should be more aggressive, but we  are a gentle quiet
group.  Maybe in the future we will be more in the  attack move.

It could happen.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/