[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: We are all together in this one

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: plushpuppyohio@xxxxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:37:13 EDT

I suggested the regional representation around 3 months ago, that  each
futurity region should have representation.   I still feel  it would be a
fairer
way to go.  I agree with Evan that each board  member should be representing
all
members, but honestly, I do not feel  that that is always the case.   That is
the same as saying the  governor of New York State has the interests of all
constituents of Texas  when he builds a platform to run on.  We know that
wouldn't  happen.
The struggles of the clubs in a region can best be understood by  other
persons in that region...this country is so geographically diverse  and each
area
has it owns specific set of issues  ie weather, working  members, distance
between clubs/shows, building entries and support etc.
That said I sent a message to the board a few months ago proposing  they look
at a change to the infrastructure and geographic makeup.  I  got responses
from 2 board members, so I now know what people say when  they say they send
messages to the board and do not hear back.    I sent a second message about
something different a month or so later, and  only got 2 responses from the
board.
 I do not care if they want to  answer negative or positive, but have the
courtesy to at least acknowledge  receipt of the messages.  Do I feel I am
getting represented  well?     Would still like to see a regional rep,  guess
that
answers that.
I usually try to look for the positive in most things, most that know  me
well know I am not a complainer without an answer to fix the  problem. I do
appreciate all that is done by the board members as a  whole, their job is not
an
easy one and they come under great criticism as  we have seen in the past week
on issues.    But I do  believe there is room for great improvement in
communication and direction  to where we should be going.
Molly
Trillia  German Shepherds

In a message dated 8/24/2005 7:41:12 A.M. Central Standard Time,
plushpuppyohio@xxxxxxxxx writes:
wont argue that point, you may very well be correct.  It  seems to me that
here in Ohio, we face far different challenges in  showing that someone in
Texas.  Our issues with National Travel,  Futuries, judges, travel, finding
majors
etc. are very different.

Regardless though, I've belonged to several clubs around Ohio  (as Jeff and I
moved often there for a while).  Each club has been  very different in its
communication with the board and its level of  understanding/involvment in what
is happening.   I just wonder  if there is a way to better bridge that
communication, and bring  "distant" clubs up to speed.   The regional
representatives
 wasnt necesarily something I thought out, just a random  idea.

Sean

ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a  message dated 8/23/2005 5:49:46 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
plushpuppyohio@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Do we have Board designees from  each "area"? Has that ever been
considered. Then that Board member  has "x" amount of clubs it represents?

I have always been  against this. Every board member represents us all.
There are no  regional problems with the breed, and the board must act in the
best
interest of the entire breed and membership.

We don't need no  stinkin regional board members.

Evan