[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: WOULD YOU DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN?

  • From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx, "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 19:51:53 -0700

Well Ed, being shy as I am, I will answer, no problem
YES I would do it again.  In a heartbeat.  I would have plunged into the
world of show dogs
sooner except I was so involved in showing horses.
My first GSD was a 1/2 German Police K9 sired male HUGE 135 lbs and
agressive as hell.
I was in my teens, I bought him for the hard earned price of 100.00.  LOL.
He was four weeks old when I brought him home..my Dad was thrilled , my Mom,
not so much as we already had a 210lb St Bernard and a miniature poodle in
the house, lol
I made him my very best friend...minor problem I never taught him
DISCRETION.  I didn't know at my tender age that it was important...I left
him with my parents a few years later..
huge black and cream, old style  NO HIP SOCKETS....trained to the
hilt.....he was put down at 13 ...the only time I ever heard my father cry,
other than when he found out my mom was terminal with lung and spinal
cancer...all three my best friends...miss them all.
My mentor, esp with the show lines , Scootie Sherlock.  She sold me a
beautiful black and red , red , red, male, out of her bitch Pita vd
Lockeheim....wonderful dog, but living in Del Rio Tx...shows? what
shows...he sired some of my best.

We have show dogs, that are national caliber, we have dogs that maybe not,
but are valued nonetheless.   My best running buddy is a 1/4 german bitcho
like her brother has a forehand , neck breed type to die for...unfortunately
a rear from the german side.   They are tough, and athletic.  I love them
dearly.

I miss my Nitro every single day , EVERY day.  I see the image of him in the
eyes of his children we have here, Ch. Levi and "Spicey" who is just getting
started....I see his very image in his GRANDSON, from Spicey....My God, it
could be HIM, there I moments I could swear it.   Nitros passing left a huge
void, and such depth of pain.
But he gave us such JOYOUS highs, the astounding wins, the laughter the
amazement.
Without Nitro, I wouldn't have my wonderful Best Friend and Husband ,
Ken....or my
beautiful boy, Hunter. I wouldn't have had the opportunity to forge such
great friendships and know such remarkable people worldwide...the GSD
community...some of the very best ever.
So do it again?  You have to ask?
We are only getting started, lol
Kathy