[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: WOULD YOU DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN?

  • From: Mary Tripp <mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx, uwish@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 21:36:55 -0500

Barbara,
I did not see your original post, but from reading what Ed has
written, I will add my two cents worth.

I would not have missed a minute of the heartbreak, friendships,
success, disappointments
and sheer joy of the dogs.  I have done both all breed and specialty
as well as obedience.  My dogs and dog friends have stood by me
through everything and are always there.

My dogs have seen me through my personal problems and always had the
wagging tail and loving manner that I needed at the time.

I say this after a three show weekend that I am still recovering from.

So all of you listen closely - Go Show- you cannot win if you do not enter!

Mary

At 09:01 PM 5/24/2010, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Barbara you ask a very interesting question!....I was surprised that
>no one wanted to share their answer....but before I answer the
>question "Would I do it again if I could go back, knowing what I
>know now?...I believe that was your question....let me say
>this....my life has been an incredible ride! I've enjoyed about 95%
>of it....I have few regrets ( could have been a better husband I
>suppose)...if I die tomorrow I was blessed!...would I do
>conformation again?.....well the time I spent,  the money I lost,
>and failures I suffered, with very very few successes, the nastiness
>of a few folks I've met along the way......the answer is hell yeah
>I'd do it again...I don't miss showing, I miss my dog
>friends....that is the ONLY reason I stay on the list is to keep in
>touch with a few of them, and soon I'll be gone from here too,
>nothing lasts forever....FB
>

>Â Â Â

Mary Tripp         Mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   http://www.tripphill.com
TRIPPHILL KENNELS, H 512-267-2104
Home of Naked Care!   www.makitnmetal.com  Custom metal art for the
dog fancy
President GSDC of Austin    25 year member GSDC of America