[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: WHICH ONE WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE, BE OR DO?

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 09:46:06 -0700 (PDT)

Itâ??s Friday already! Every week morning, here I am typing away on my computer
writing something for my blog. Many of those days, I write two or three
articles before I decide which one I am going to use. Iâ??ll read the other
two��hate them both��.file them away��and tweak them on another day
(maybe). Well today was one of those days. I wrote two other articles already
and changed my mind about both of them. So I decided on a little question and
answer format instead. Play along if you like. Itâ??s the start of the
week-end. Keeping it light��have fun!
WHICH ONE WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE, BE OR DO?

A Grand Victor or a Best in Show dog? BIS

Which one would you rather judge, a National Specialty show or a Best in Show
competition? BIS

Show your own dog (if you were capable) or have someone show it for you?
Have someone else show my dog
Own a top producing stud dog or a top producing bitch? Stud cheaper in the long
run :0)

Own the Obedience Victor or a therapy dog? Both

Own a sable or a black dog? Sable I really dislike black dogs :0)

Have a small litter or a large litter? large litter

Breed a champion or buy a champion?Breed a champion

Rescue a dog or donate time helping out at a shelter? Rescue

Have the National Specialty Show keep rotating every year all over the country
or have a set place for them in three locationsâ?¦..west, central and east?
If we have to drive I would rather see it rotate. Airports no longer need to
be considered when choosing a location.

Feed a holistic dog food or a raw diet? When a dog will eat road kill what
difference does it make?

Keep the futurities or eliminate them? No opinion

Keep the German Shepherd Dog Review magazine as a hard copy, or as an
e-magazine on the internet or both? Hard copy, computer info is too easy to
loose.  but fewer and fewer and using the Review as an advertising tool.

Allow long coats to be shown without penalizing them for their coat length
eliminating them as a minor fault? NO

Have show clubs award the winning dog owners with money instead of a trophy?
They can hardly afford to buy cheap trophies how are they going to come up with
enough money to give cash prizes?