[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: US Airways says to restrict flying minors, pets - Yahoo...

  • From: GreyPines@xxxxxxx
  • To: fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx, uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 18:51:00 EDT

I believe they are discontinuing because congress passed legislation last
year that the FAA implemented (I believe on 7/1/05). It makes the reporting of
pet animal incidents in shipping onerous as to the paper work, which drives
their admin cost out of sight.
Regards
Bill

In a message dated 8/17/2005 4:26:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I went  and reaf the artical. Tell me does this make any sence at all??
Quote from  artical follows:

(Pets and other animals will no longer be accepted for  travel as checked
baggage or cargo. US Airways will make an exception for  ticketed reservations
made before August 17 to carry pets as checked baggage,  which will be honored
through November 1.

US Airways says its pet cargo  has been a good business through the years.
"It's primarily dogs and cats,"  said spokesman David Castelveter. "But we have
shipped rabbits; We have  shipped birds)

So if it has been good business why are they  discontinuing the business.???

Looks like they are trying to go broke.  Makes you wonder how much money
there is in the going broke business  :0)

Terry

Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hey guys: this just came across the news. If anyone uses this  airline
to fly dogs.........pretty soon you won't be able to. Barbara  Galasso
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050817/us_nm/airlines_usairways_dc

POST  is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original
author  and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any
kind are  permitted without prior permission of the original author AND of the
Showgsd-l  Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE  FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY
MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON  SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE  LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN,
AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS  OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

For assistance, please contact  the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

VISIT OUR WEBSITE -  http://www.showgsd.org

Start your day  with Yahoo! - make it your home page