[ SHOWGSD-L ] Trying to Say Goodbye

  • From: "DOUG & PATTI CROSS" <chstormdog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 07:42:43 -0500

This is very difficult to write and as I do my eyes are filled with tears. I
am struggling with making that final decision for my beautiful Storm. Storm
was our oldest veteran at this years Nationals checking in at 11-1/2 years
old. As many of you know he had a rough time getting around that ring but
his heart was there. It is now almost impossible for him to get up and I
have to lift him up and out to go potty. His eyes are very tired and I know
if my heart it is time to say goodbye to my precious "Angel Boy" as I always
called him. I guess I'm just wishing he would just go to "sleep", but if you
know Storm he never did anything the easy way. He has always been such a
strong willed dog, always wanting to do it "his way".

Storm was my very first show dog. Although Storm never completed his
championship due to health related problems from Lymes disease at a young
age, and then an autoimmune problem a little later. We overcame those
problems together. Storm never left my side during some very difficult times
back in 1995. There will never be another Storm. I was hoping for him to
make another Christmas but with the early cold winter and the snow it is
very hard on him. He truly has been my "once in a lifetime" dog.

As you go about your busy day please take a moment to remember Storm and
help me with this difficult task at hand.

Thank you,

Patti, Doug & Storm