[ SHOWGSD-L ] Judges: I like 'em!

  • From: "Penny & Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 08:06:46 -0500

I enjoy showing at Specialities AND at all-breeds.  I have the "type" of dog
that will win in both venues.  Having done this for almost 30 years certainly
does NOT make me an expert.  In fact, I can honestly say that I still learn
from every judge I show under:  what he/she likes, doesn't like, what
he'll/she'll put up with, what won't be tolerated, personal foibles, etc.  I've
found that it's their interpretation of the standard that is fascinating--well,
I interpret it too.  I've only had ONE dog who won/placed every time she was
shown--except for once when she was buried at the end of the line to make the
first dog look better--and that was Punky.  And I even learned from THAT:
don't show under that judge!  LOL  I think judges do a good job with a hard
task--to try and please everyone--which is IMPOSSIBLE!!
Penny in NY, who loves the comraderie of dog shows and <most> of the judging!