[ SHOWGSD-L ] To all the Moms out there....

  • From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 14:58:29 -0700

Here is to all the Moms out there....
The person in your life that gave us:
 Patience, when no one else could or would.
Firmness, because she only wanted you to be your best.
A smile, when it meant everything to us, in that moment.
A soft cheek to kiss.
Warm arms to be hugged by, don't let go!
A soft step, a touch, and an "its Alright" when the monsters under
the bed haunted our sleep as children.
A shoulder to cry on.
A sigh and a jar for the icky bugs we insisted on dragging home to show!!
An orphaned bird, kitten or dog, lovingly welcomed into the family,
which MOM would usually end up taking care of....she did it anyway.
Tears of joy, when WE were at our happiest.  She lived for those moments,
you know
Cookies at the last possible minute, because we "volunteered" her
to bake for our second grade class of 30.
Warm bath towels, hair toussled and all dry, after our bath time. Wrapped in
a towel
in Mom's arms...was there a greater feeling?
Holiday dinners...what can you say about those. Wow.
Keeping us together, and on track and organized, day after day, even when
she was clearly over whelmed.
Tucking us in...at the end of her utterly exhausting day.
Letting you fall on your face, because it was the only way you'd learn.
Picking you up, after a fall, even as you grew... because she was always
there, Eternal.
Love, real love....the kind that can only  shine from the eyes of a Mom.

With appreciation to ALL the Moms and Grandmoms out there.
And thoughts of my own dear Mom...Doris "Kit" Walsh,1925-1994.

Kathy Tank

http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
PUP-DATED:  MARCH 24, 2010
Home of:

CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

"Victory... There's Something In a Name"