[ SHOWGSD-L ] This is just imaginary stuff

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 22:07:53 EST

In a message dated 12/18/2005 9:12:50 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
uwish@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Just  want to know about STRUCTURE wise,
which bitch would you want to use in  your breeding program.  Structually
one bitch has a good front and  back and nothing else going for her,
she's square and boxy.     The other bitch has the topline, back,
beautiful croup and tail set, NOT  an elbow reacher, but could use a
better lay back of shoulder, comes from  a strong producing line.   Both
well bred, both good hips.   So once again, they got everything that you
want in their pedigrees -  health, mind, temperament.  I'm just asking
about structure - that's  all.  Which one would you want in your breeding
program all other  things considered equal and why

I can't answer because it is a trick question. Just like in My  Cousin Vinnie.

I would need to know what is behind each bitch.  What she  may have, or look
like makes no difference when breeding her.  What else  was in her litter, and
what did the sire and dam have?  Was she  representative of her pedigree, or
an exception?  Without those answers I  would only be breeding for phenotype,
and that would be a mistake.

I would imagine what I want to, and then pick the bitch I  decided had the
best pedigree.  Of course I also would have to imagine the  pedigree of the
male
too.  That is way too much imagination for someone of  my age.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together