[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: They had it easy

  • From: PlushPuppyOhio <plushpuppyohio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:57:00 -0700 (PDT)

I also have a set of glasses passed down to me....  drinking glasses, goblets,
and small side bowls, that are clear glass with a silver leaf/pinecone pattern
"painted" on top.  Some of them have silver rims, some don't.   Are those from
any of these things?

oh gollee....cottage cheese in aluminum glasses (saw them for sale just
recently), floursacks for dishtowels, dishes at the gas station, s&h green
stamps,
and then they had competition, but can't remember what it was, small drinking
glasses with processed cheese spread in them (hated those rims), glasses and
dishes in soap boxes, RaisinBran with put together cardboard animals. And a
big tip for a waitress was .50 and a really huge one was $1.00. Earned $.75
an hour, minimum wage, a huge amount for a teenager.
Stormy

In a message dated 8/19/05 3:30:30 PM, tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Actually the glasses used to come IN the soap box.  My Grandmother and Mom
> would check the box to make sure it was the right pattern LOL  Never had any
> THAT I KNOW OF but Mom talked about going to the store when she was a child
> with HER mother to pick out the flour sacks with the prettiest patterns for
> night gowns and undies LOL  Thats back when flour came in fifty pound cloth
> bags.  Actually they were quite pretty flower prints.  I have a couple of
> those
> bags left in my Grandmother's cedar chest.

*^*\/\/\/\/*^**^*\/\/\/\/*^**^*\/\/\/\/*^*
www.FairhopeGSD.com

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

Plush Puppy- Independent Agent
Grooming Products for Show Dogs
www.jeffandsean.com

CH Great Expectations of Edan TC, TD, CGC,  (OFA H&E)
CH JDM's Yankee-Run of Tanglewood TC (OFA H&E)
BIM CH Pick Me of Angel (OFA H&E)
Sheerdeen's Point of Grace TC, CGC
Willimar's Law and Order Shadowvalley
Elle Woods By Way of Fallscreek  (Shiba-Inu)

http://mail.yahoo.com