[ SHOWGSD-L ] The Review

  • From: "Terra Fairburn" <terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 23:00:03 -0600

In Reference to "No Wonder I am at No Mail".  First I found many of the
comments interesting and forthcoming from a lot of people from all ages.  I did
not agree with them all but I found it brainstorming not something that was
setting policy.  Second I commented and gave credit to Pam Stoesser and Dave
Rinke for the wonderful article.  Third it really does no good to scream at
people because you do want any mail from the LIST until someone that you admire
tells you to check the information on the LIST.  It is only then that you feel
you should since you are set at "NO MAIL".  And then you feel compelled to
scream about the content.  Please be aware that there are many more people than
you think that read this LIST.  I know you don't care.  There are also new
people that are so confused about anything in the conformation scene of the
GSDCA that they will not stay because the way we act in public, behind the
scenes and on the LIST.  I just wish people would understand that there is no
way we will ever attract new people if we don't believe they have something to
offer...this is just the LIST.  It sets no policy, sells no puppies, changes
nothing in the world except it allows for freedom of speech.  I don't remember
anyone saying anything personal about Susan.
You mentioned the economy and  you are right there.  People are going to make
tough choices in the next year and many will not renew membership to the GSDCA
based on how they are treated and what they get for their participation.  I
would hope there will be more respect between the members, integrity in
official capacity of the Board and it's decisions, and a concerted effort of
our Board of Directors to help the Regional clubs stay in business.  That is
just a start....hope you can hear what I am saying!
Terra Fairburn & Nanc Kinley
Keggi Fair German Shepherds
www.keggifair.com   UPDATED
members of the GSDC of Quad Cities