[ SHOWGSD-L ] The PAWS project

  • From: "Cynthia Gialluca" <CYNECAGSD@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 15:52:42 -0500

Well, just got some word back from my friend.  Seems that the investigative
guys are VERY interested even with what little I have sent them.  I have been
forwarding what you all have sent me to them, and just got something back from
them saying that they have since contacted the local kennel clubs (Vegas Valley
Dog Obedience Club, Silver State KC, and Black Mountain KC) and have heard what
their stand is on it.  Apparently V VDOC is voting tonight on whether to
publically oppose the statute.  They have also read the AKC stand on it, and I
sent them a link to look at what the good Senator has said, as well as a link
that gives them the wording.
So, now that we have the nibble, it is time to set the hook (as it were) so
please send me privately everything you have on PAWS, facts with as little
emotion as you can muster.  I cant find the letter Carmen sent and I'd like to
get that to them, so if anyone has the copy, I'd appreciate it.  Also, i saw
that someone (akc?) is "going after" Carmen for his stand agaisnt the
legislation.  if this is so, please send me as much fact as you know on it.

We may be getting some TV news publicity after all.  keep your fingers crossed.

Cindy Gialluca