[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The National Goals / answers

  • From: Jeff Pyle <windfallgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 15:04:39 -0500

Carolyn,

As I stated in an earlier email: " I can appreciate several people who have
knowledge about Reno and any difficulties and getting the information to
Gail to add to her research, but other than doing that - anything else is
just grumbling and not necessary. The Board, nor Gail, is out to get a
site that isn't easy to get to or set us up for disaster."

So, many of the posts with information and trying to help have been fine.
But there have been some that definitely have a certain "tone" to them and
that is what I was referring to. Maybe it's in the delivery of some of
the messages I am reading.

It is not 100% certain that Gail was to go to Reno. For the 4th time a
Board Member - Dorothy Linn from California - brought up the site in Reno.
The Board told Gail to do her due diligence and research the site,
airport, etc etc etc. AND IF her research resulted in her belief that the
Reno site was a good option, then she was to coordinate a site visit. I am
not sure what about this is so difficult for folks to understand. Gail is
pretty smart and the information she finds on her own, as well as
information sent to her from others in the area, would all be used to
determine it's viability. It will play out and based on what I have seen
and heard it likely will not be a viable site. But there are many factors
to consider, with flying being just one of them. I am absolutely positive
that Gail and the Board will make the best decision they can to identify
the best overall site that won't kill us financially while appeasing the
decision already made for the 2017 national to be "west".....

Jeff Pyle
Windfall

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I don't see the problem in attempting awareness BEFORE the expense in
going.....?
Most of us want a successful National FOR ALL...and DO feel the problems
need to be addressed.

We totally understand and appreciate what Gail is working to do....and
therefore we are attempting

to help with information before the waste of time on her part OR the
Board.

The funny thing is .....WE speaking out about the problems with these
locations would LOVE....

*LOVE**.*... to have a National in Sacramento OR Reno....but we are
trying to be helpful and fair to

the rest of the Country....AND the National success.

I don't understand why that is taken as criticism of our National Chair,
or a 'drama' or 'up in arms'

to give out information that we know because of experience? We use
these airports!

Literally....a GREAT NATIONAL for EVERYONE is the Goal....and benefits
everyone & the Breed.

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.marhaven.com