[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The National Goals / answers

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Jeff Pyle'" <windfallgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 12:41:08 -0700

I don't see the problem in attempting awareness BEFORE the expense in
going.....?
Most of us want a successful National FOR ALL...and DO feel the problems need
to be addressed.
We totally understand and appreciate what Gail is working to do....and
therefore we are attempting
to help with information before the waste of time on her part OR the Board.

The funny thing is .....WE speaking out about the problems with these locations
would LOVE....
LOVE.... to have a National in Sacramento OR Reno....but we are trying to be
helpful and fair to
the rest of the Country....AND the National success.
I don't understand why that is taken as criticism of our National Chair, or a
'drama' or 'up in arms'
to give out information that we know because of experience? We use these
airports!

Literally....a GREAT NATIONAL for EVERYONE is the Goal....and benefits everyone
& the Breed.

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com
On Behalf Of edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx To: Jeff Pyle Cc: Doc Zoe; showgsd-l; Linda
Bankhead
Subject: Re: The Board Meeting / answers

I think many are "up in arms" because it's the last minute and we seem to be
scrambling again
and the next thing you know... It's "four more years" in St Louis! And not that
that is a bad idea,
it's not the wishes of the majority of the club... So I agree with the outcry
against Reno!
Remember the Reno club doesn't even have its show in Reno , Ed

From: Jeff Pyle
To: edwinx@comcast.netCc: Linda Bankhead, Doc Zoe, freelistSubject: Re: The
Board Meeting / answers
My point is that "Up in arms" is ridiculously premature. There were MANY
locations mentioned at the board meeting. Do you know all of them? No - I am
certain nobody does. Literally the conversation about Reno was a few mins and
Gail was asked to research. That is all. For the life of me I don't get the
drama surrounding that. I will certainly call out the Board on items I feel
need addressed, but this just is not one of them and is a waste of our time and
energy to be "up in arms". I can appreciate several people who have knowledge
about Reno and any difficulties and getting the information to Gail to add to
her research, but other than doing that - anything else is just grumbling and
not necessary. The Board, nor Gail, is out to get a site that isn't easy to
get to or set us up for disaster.

Jeff Pyle
Windfall

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 11:20 AM, <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jeff, there are nice event centers in many locations! Doesn't mean they would
be good spots for folks getting German Shepherds there! Don't you think there
could be a problem with getting to the site if the locals are telling you the
site is NOT a good idea? And I think it's a good thing that several listers
are "up in arms" about going to Reno!.... We need to be careful who we put on
the board! Everything else is a smoke screen! Ed

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App