[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Thanks AKC

  • From: Becky McElroy <zarniwoop1973@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 19:57:43 -0800 (PST)

I suppose as GSD fanciers we must take this as a blow
(since only GSD folk were the liars, accoring to PAG),
but many of us do exhibit other breeds, and I am
concerned that it just may not be safe to watch your
own dog being handled by someone else, no matter what
the breed.

I mean, what if I were ringside and scratched my ear,
or blew my nose, and my non-GSD looked up for me?  I
could get *taken out* by a rogue Rep with no reprisal.
 It's obvious that a rep's slapping, screaming at, and
harrassing suspected doublers (or simply "owners of
dogs in the ring") is something that makes AKC proud.

I've never been a fan of pell-mell doubling at
all-breed shows (I was knocked down a few years ago,
hurt my back bad enough I couldn't go in the ring, but
I was new enough to lack the cajones to bitch about
it). You know, one really CAN double without acting
like an idiot and putting bystanders at risk of bodily
harm.

The threat of disallowing German Shepherd exhibitors
to be able to hold specialties along with other breeds
- wow.  I know a few people who would be thrilled with
the AKC's dumping of the GSD, so that we could be free
of the AKC's way of doing things.  I'm not so crazy
about the idea, and I'm offended by the implication
that PAG made that GSD exhibitors were all liars.

Weren't there some non-GSD people there that were as
disgusted as the Shepherd people were by the
outrageous actions of AKC's representative on
earth..erm, I mean at the show?

Since I was not there, and further have had no
personal dealings with this particular rep, I am not
sure what I can do.  (Besides be angry and indignant!)
The letter from PAG seems to indicate that AKC is done
with the matter.  I hope that letter, or a
paraphrasing of it, gets good dissemination on the
other dog lists.

Becky in CO

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs