[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Standard

  • From: DPiagentin@xxxxxxx
  • To: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx, domara4@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 08:09:46 EDT

In a message dated 8/15/2005 8:28:11 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx writes:
It is  all in the interpretation.  I can tell you when you compare ours to
others we sure don't come across looking very good. Also, you should hear
the
remarks from judges and new people applying for the breed when they  see what
we
have to offer. It does not even come close to compare in  education or
quality
to what the other breeds are providing their new  judges. Even if we were to
decide to keep the one as is we should still do  a reprint, have color photos
and
put it in booklet form rather than just a  couple of loose sheets.

Lee Brown

LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx writes:

It is  all in the interpretation.  I can tell you when you compare ours to
others we sure don't come across looking very good. Also, you should hear
the
remarks from judges and new people applying for the breed when they  see what
we
have to offer. It does not even come close to compare in  education or
quality
to what the other breeds are providing their new  judges.

Even if  we were to
decide to keep the one as is we should still do a reprint, have  color photos
and
put it in booklet form rather than just a couple of loose  sheets.

Lee Brown
OK Lee, now you have my attention,  if you are talking about a  presentation
to new judges, maybe a" reprint is in order", but "not a change in  the
illustration".  and with today's technology, color can be added to the
drawings,
or photos of properly structured dogs may be incorporated into a  booklet. But
the question is" who will be selecting the photos", as  you have said it is
all a matter of interpretation.  I have seen the video  that has been around
for
new judges to look at ,and the interpretation of the  dogs presented is not
to the standard.

illustration of the dog showing the balanced, extended trot could surely and
most
definitely win at a National and go high select.
There are some wonderful dogs presented at the national that still  represent
this image. Proving that the illustrated standard should  remain as is and is
"not outdated".
JMHO  Diane Piagentini

_www.debmarsgermanshepherds.com_ (http://www.debmarsgermanshepherds.com/)
Home of 1985 GV Ossipee Ceasar v Clover Acres CD ROM,ROMC & Sel. Deb-Mar's
Pandora
www.debmarscavalierkingcharlesspaniels.com