[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sorta shocking

  • From: Lew <lew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 20:32:32 -0600

Don't know when if ever an American bred dog was able to achieve a SchII and become an American champion, but a German SchII came here and went Select:
*
GSDC of America---1990---Select #10*

"... this SchH III male may not be the type of animal that is winning today; however, he is a good package. Excellent head, strong in back, moderate in angulation, but consistent in motion. No frills, just steady. Good character. Tight ligamentation."

~ Ed Barritt

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/german_shepherd_dog/dog.html?id=137887-dingo-vom-haus-wurdemann

Dingo finished here with four majors. Here is a video of him:

http://www.estahaus.com/Dingo%20for%20site.wmv

Happened I was intrigued by the idea and bred to him.

How many years ago did German dogs come here that had various Sch titles in Germany that were brought here and became foundation dogs in various breeding programs.

On 9/7/2015 8:47 AM, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

30 years ago I trained with a Schutzhund group that included the San Jose Police K-9 officers! The overwhelming majority detested the so called American show German sHepherd Dog! Their attitude didn't bother me ( I march to the tune of my own drummer) my goal back then was to have a SchIII and an AKC champion in the same dog! Most of them told me I was crazy and it would never happen! They were right BOTH times! lol it's hard to chase two rabbits at the same time! You end up not catching either one! Ed

--
Lew Wurdeman