[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Show or not

  • From: candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Kris.Christian@xxxxxxxxx, <lollark@xxxxxxx>, "Da List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 20:06:59 GMT

I start off by taking youngsters to shows to get them used to the sights and
sounds, then around 6 months they get entered.  I don't take them to all
shows that I attend but part of the time.  If I enter 4 day shows they may go
into the ring 2 of those days.  My dogs get special treats at dog shows that
they get no place else.  Once a puppy is used to being shown by me then I
start handing them off to friends or juniors so they get used to being in the
ring with other people on their leads.  I like to show them parttime until they
are ready to go.

CandyZ

> I would like to add to this question.=20
> How do you judge ring training needs against pursuing the points? For
> example if you know that dogs from this particular line tend to come
> together at around 18 months do you continue ring training maintenance
> by showing at any specific frequency? I understand that this would
> depend greatly upon the individual, but am curious of whether separating
> these goals is a common practice and has proven beneficial over time.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Kris Christian
> Oregon

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3
D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3
D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3
D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> =3D=3D=3D=3D
> original author  AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS
RESERVED.=20

> ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION
OR USE IN
> ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L
WITHOUT THE
> EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST
MANAGEMENT IS
> EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF
THIS
> PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.=20

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3
D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3
D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3
D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> =3D=3D=3D=3D

original author and of
GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any kind
are permitted without
prior permission of the original author  AND of the Showgsd-l Management.
ALL RIGHTS
RESERVED.