[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: SecondChanceGSDs) DOES A CONVICTED ANIMAL ABUSER LIVE IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD?

  • From: Suzanne Jambe <suzannejambe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>, Showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 13:50:44 -0500

I think these lists (including the sex offender list) can be over-reaching and
over-inclusive....imagine the AR people reporting both pet owners and breeders
for almost any offense, real or imagined....we should take it as a
responsibility of pet ownership to report the things we see as true problems
and keep the government out of the list-making and inspection business to the
extent possible....

In my  neighborhood, the homeowner's association keeps circulating a petition
to ban anyone convicted of a sexual offense from owning or renting in the
neighborhood.  I won't sign it.  There are people who are technically sex
offenders because of "sexting" or statutory rape between a 16 and 17 year old,
or who are in fact innocent...just doesn't seem like they should all be in the
same category.  No more than we who think it's OK to breed dogs should be in
the same category as those who chose to starve them, beat them, use them as
fighting animals, etc....

To: SecondChanceGSDs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 12:10:53 -0400
Subject: SecondChanceGSDs) DOES A CONVICTED ANIMAL ABUSER LIVE IN YOUR
NEIGHBORHOOD?

http://insidethegermanshepherddogsworld.blogspot.com/

__._,_.___

Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:

Visit Your Group

MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the
Yahoo! Toolbar now.

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new
interests.

Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest ? Unsubscribe ? Terms of Use

.

inbox.