[ SHOWGSD-L (no subject)

  • From: Liane M Fossland <lfossland@xxxxxxxx>

Hi Elli,
All the senators only respond to California residents. They will not even
consider anyone outside of California. We would have to contact the
senators in our state. I am not sure how interested they are. I will try.
Lee

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:56:47 -0500 "Elli Matlin"
<highlandhillsgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

   PERMISSION GIVEN TO CROSSPOST.
   Forwarded from dlewenthal@xxxxxxxxx

   Rescue Members,
   The appaling experiments on German Shepherd puppies as young as
 ONE DAY
   has begun or is about to begin.These pups will have their hearts
   surgically mutilated and implanted with devices to cause
 congestive
   heart failure resulting in immediate death or death in the short
 term.

   The University of California at San Francisco (UCSF) finally
 released
   to me documents confirming the experiments requested under the
   California Public Records Act due to the intercession of S.F.
   Supervisor Bevan Duffy's office. term. An update was also
 provided to
   me by IDA which is attached.

   UCSF's terrible record of animal neglect and current citation by
 the
   USDA on 61 counts of the same should have caused an immediate
 halt to
   these projects and a reevaluation as called for by both a
 cardiologist
   and DMV to consider alternative investigative methods that would
   accomplish the project objectives.

   I urge you you to contact UCSF, Senators Boxer, Feinstein, Rep.
 Ellen
   Tauscher, and Nancy Pelosi. The funds for these experiments come
 from
   the Nat'l Inst. of Health.

   UCSF Officials:

   Chancellor J. Michael Bishop
   513 Parnassus Ave, S-126
   University of California
   San Francisco, CA 94143
   jmbishop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   Nigel Bunnett
   Office of Research, Box 0962
   513 Parnassus Ave
   University of California
   San Francisco, CA 94143
   car@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   Barbara Boxer:
   http://boxer.senate.gov/contact/webform.cfm
   Dianne Feinstein:
   http://feinstein.senate.gov/contact.html
   Ellen Tauscher:
   http://www.house.gov/tauscher/IMA/get_address.htm
   Nancy Pelosi:
   http://www.house.gov/pelosi/contact/contact.html

   Request immediate cessation of the project pending an impartial
   evaluation by sources OUTSIDE the university.

Liane (Lee) Fossland
Steppenwind German Shepherds
Home of Ch. Donar, Loni, CD,  Auburn & KaraMia
www.steppenwindgsd.com