[ SHOWGSD-L (no subject)

Subject: Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Fwd: Re: Re: AKC mistakes?

Visit us at:  http://www.members.shaw.ca/jomargsd/
 Last year I registered 3 CKC dogs with the AKC.  Two littermates and an
 Aunt.

 The male had his sire's brother as his sire.

 They did correct this right away.

 When I entered his sister in the U.S. National I noticed they had put her
 Aunt's birthdate on her certificate. I sent the original papers back with
 the proper corrections noted.

 I then received a letter from the AKC that my puppy's placement at the
 U.S. National would be rescinded because she was entered in the wrong
 class. GRRRR  I was just a bit fed up with it all.  After 4 phone calls
 and not too nice language, they finally conceded and told me I would not
 have to file an appeal.  When a CKC dog is registered with AKC you are
 required to provide copies of CKC registration papers as well as copies of
 a 4 generation certified pedigree.  So, they had all the correct
 information.

 Sure makes one wonder at times.

 Bonnie