[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Regional Challenge Addition Maybe or NOT

  • From: DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 17:08:17 EDT

_Sally@xxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:Sally@xxxxxxxxxxx)  writes:
After reading lew's explaination of all the problems he has had with the
regional club competion I think I am glad there isn't a regional club around
here to belong  to
Sally,
Actually, regional clubs are wonderful organizations where you have the
opportunity to meet with and share your interest in dogs and dog events with
people that have similar past times.  Have you ever tried to explain or
discuss
whelping at a PTA meeting?  Not good.....  <G>  And  church groups really get
upset when I want to talk about my last breeding  technique <Hehehehehehehehe>

Regional clubs are made of people like us - with our own set of prejudices
and interest and passions.  Anytime that you get a group of strong minded,  and
we know we all are strong minded people, together in a room, you are  likely
to experience some disagreements.  Anytime that you try to get an  organized
event - there will be some differences of opinions.  But those  are not good
reasons to "chuck it" all together.  It is just part of  life and human nature
-
you will find the same disagreements in  Boy Scouts, the PTA, Weight
Watchers' groups, Republican party gatherings and at  the Little League team.
And,
heaven knows, it will be too damn boring to  be locked up in the house all day
doing housework.

It is a shame that many of us live in places that are too far to join a
regional club.  And.... it is a good thing that many clubs have instituted
"associate membership" that will allow these people to have some, if not  all,
of
the benefits of being part of a regional club.  Regional clubs are  the
backbone
of this breed and without them, there would be no specialty shows  and no
national specialty.  Heck, if there were no National show and no  specialties,
we
would have to close down this List as there would be nothing  interesting to
talk about <Hehehehhehehehee>  So.... please make sure  you support the
regional clubs in any way you can - whether through membership,  trophies,
entries
or labor.  You will not regret it.

Dania.... who looooooves her regional club.