[ SHOWGSD-L ] Proud Moments from our National ~ Ivana

  • From: "Donna & Leslie" <onaluzlead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'showgsd'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 21:23:43 -0500

Well since we have been home it seems like I can't catch up between
business.then Olivia's extra homework, makeup homework and Extra Credit
work, however, I just want to take my few minutes, now that the talk is
about sidegait and type.to thank all the owners of the progeny.who took the
time to bring the kids and let us present them with their mom.Ivana.

I can't believe the emails we got about her.the phone calls and just all of
the crowd support as she was coming into the ring.I stood there crying, I
still could not believe this bitch was so excited to go into the ring and at
the same time to know her, I could believe it, she was meant to do this,
period.she will be 10 in January.I had hoped she would get around the ring
in the "Ivana fashion" that many have loved, that we love.and she did.
Despite all of the fun made of the handlers.for wearing the crowns.she
showed why.they all did.boys and girls. She had an elegance and class but
most of all type and motion that flew around that ring.like she was still 2.
She barked her head off stomping her feet, like she was trying to get the
crowd going.and she did.she would of taken 10 more laps just for the fun of
it. Everyday as we were getting ready for the National, as I was road
working.that bitch would hear the golf cart and start her seal/otter-like
bark (the not so feminine side of her) So every couple of days I would take
her for a lap.sometimes 2.and she would be so proud of herself.she knew she
had something to look forward too.

The next day, Friday was fun too.I told her on the way back to the trailer
on Thurs, she isn't done yet.and it was like she knew.Fri AM, she went out
pottied and then jumped on the grooming table.I had to pretend that we were
going to do her then.and just retouch later.so she wouldn't pout.then around
the ring again in the Honor Parade on Friday went Ivana and Patti.like they
did 5 & 7 years ago.(America & Canada). Gosh these dogs age us.I can't
believe the feeling that came over me, both times . maybe different than
when she actually won it.more appreciative.more of a realization a bitch
like that comes One time in a lifetime and this is it.maybe a few more
years, but to get that again.I just don't know.

I admire the people in this breed who have bred GV and GVX's over and over
again.and I know that in my breeding program, I try to change this and that
without loosing the this and the that.and sometimes it works, sometimes it
doesn't.it was fun to hear comments on which progeny people liked better, or
who they would change to be closer to mom, etc.we are proud of them all.even
the ones that went to pet homes and are also couch potatoes.

Again I thank my friends, our clients, Patti & all the other handlers who
had to wear a Tiara.and $$$ bills and be teased so badly.it was so worth
it.the feeling in my heart and soul, one I can not describe.

Thank you!

Donna

PS if anyone has pictures of any of it, PLEASE send them.I can't wait for
the videos.if those presentations are on them.

Donna M. Calabrese & Leslie L. Dancosse

Aramist Kennels aka The Girlz website at www.girlzofaramist.com

Home of Am & Can GVX Ch. Ivana, OFA ROM, Can Sel Titanic, OFA,D'Espirit
D'Escalier ROM