[ SHOWGSD-L ] Picture this!

  • From: "David Fritsche" <dfritsche@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:22:00 -0700

> Maybe we need to consider using some of the new  technology.  Why
> can't we do
> a video tape of the top animals, and  distribute that instead of a
> illustration?
> Evan

Soon, you will go into the automobile show room and you will not get a
slick illustrated brochure, but an interactive DVD/cd. You will take
it home, change the color of the car, the interior, the tires, the
options to suit your needs, then get all the data (standard) on the
model of your choosing. It will cost the dealer a dollar or two
instead of the $5-10 for the slick brochure. It will contain games
that allow you to drive the car, go on a trip, play travel games, all
enticing you to buy that car. The games will stop periodically and
offer you a free gift. All you need to do is give them you address so
it can be mailed to you. Then the game will stop again and offer you
some incentive to drive the car, and ask a few more questions. The
objective is obvious - marketing: To get information about you and to
get you in touch with the car, the dealer, financing, etc., without
all the pressure of the high pressure salesman and the little grueling
cubical.

It is in production. I know. My kid is producing it. The major lines
are buying it.

What if, after that same model, we were to have a video version of the
illustrated standard, alone with GSDCA membership information, the
annual weekend assignment of shows, some show games, some interviews
with the more successful or articulate members/breeders, some
discussions, even pro and con - some of the diverse views of this list
the last few days - things that might make the recipient think for
themselves, get involved, give some marketing information and the
location of the club nearest to them. Why our standard might even
become a recruiting means and we might grow and....

OK, forget it! What do I know????
Dave