[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: PA traffic laws

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 12:49:02 EST

In a message dated 2/23/2006 10:44:21 A.M. Central Standard Time,
sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx writes:
While I do appreciate the safety issue, my kids were in kiddy  seats until
they were more than big enough, I would rather risk my dog's  life than my own.

If my dog dies in an auto accident, he/she died  on duty, protecting me.

About 10 years ago in Canada a very dear friend died in an auto  accident,
along with her 3 dogs, 1 a puppy, 1 a select Ch and another show  gal. They
were
all loose in the vehicle.   She apparently went  through a stop sign and got
broad sided by a truck on her way home from  our weekly training class at a
friends.  I attended that accident and  ID'd her and the vehicle, and made
arrangements for some other friends to  come and get the dogs to bury them.
There
was a good chance from  what I viewed that her puppy got under or near her
brake pad, possibly  preventing the stop.
I will never ride with dogs loose since then.  My fearless  protector male
that travels with me a lot is in a crate right behind the  drivers seat....I
can
get to his door to unlatch in about 3 seconds if I  needed him.
I have no problem with this law.
Molly

Trillia  German  Shepherds