[ SHOWGSD-L ] Off Topic..Missing-Possible Stolen Dog....

  • From: Jarvyce@xxxxxxx
  • To: SHOWGSD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sunflwrz4u@xxxxxxxxxxx, Sandersanb@xxxxxxx, brachis@xxxxxxxxxxx, lbrito2402@xxxxxxxx, dcarlton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showdogs13@xxxxxxxxxxx, crudolf@xxxxxxx, collinsa@xxxxxxxxxxx, ejc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, furkids1@xxxxxxxxxxx, Tans62pan@xxxxxxxxx, TurkayAnatolians@xxxxxxx, ElizEmanuel@xxxxxxx, YANNBB@xxxxxxx, Lasflores1@xxxxxxx, Shahbazin@xxxxxxx, anatola2@xxxxxxxxx, fullcirclefarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, gateshomedecor@xxxxxxxxxxx, Gerlranch@xxxxxxx, starr@xxxxxxxx, micheleiberri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bronwyn374@xxxxxxxxxxx, blentini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, slshortails@xxxxxxxxxxx, TAMOORA@xxxxxxx, mikbeth56@xxxxxxxxxxxx, AnatolianDoc@xxxxxx, rompot@xxxxxxxx, RSales43@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, schauks@xxxxxxxxxxx, scubasue123@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 07:34:12 EST

Permission given to cross post.....

Christmas at our farm was not merry this year.  Our 4 year old  Anatolian
Shepherd went missing between 4:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. EST  yesterday
(December 25.)  She is a VERY LARGE (155 pounds and 31 inches)  working
female.  Sophie is a fawn with a black mask.  She has  slight red and
black tips to her coat--a few scars here and there.  She  was wearing a
red collar when she disappeared.  We are definitely of the  opinion (as
well as the local sheriff) that Sophie did not wander or stray  off.  We
have searched the area to find any signs of her to no  avail.  Please
understand that this girl does not leave her post except  to rid the area
of predators or carrion.  The mixed breed (G.  Shepherd/Rot) male that
she works in tandem with is still on the  premises--noticeably
upset/distraught.  He will not stay in his house,  but was on our front
porch in terrible wet, snowy weather preferring the  safety of the front
door to getting out of the inclement weather.  This  is definitely not
normal behavior for Bear.  He would not "face me" for  several hours
after her disappearance.  If only he could  talk.
Sophie will advance on a threatening human and would alert and not  allow
a stranger to approach her, so she did not go willingly with  anyone.  I
have found out that we have a problem in our area with dog  "poachers"
who seize "purebred/purebred looking" animals and "dispose" of  them in
various manners--none the least of which is dog auctions, labs, or  fight
rings.  PLEASE CROSS POST THIS TO ANY AND ALL LISTS THAT MAY HELP  ME GET
HER RETURNED HOME.  PLEASE CALL ME AT 812-486-5445 or email me  at
jolliffs@xxxxxxxxxx if you have ANY information about Sophie.  While  her
size is her biggest identifying factor, she is very intelligent, and  has
had obedience training to supplement her guarding so she does lead  and
handle well.

Lambing/kidding is in 6 weeks and I don't know what  I'll do without her.
Don't know what I'll do without her regardless--she's my  baby girl!
Thank you,
Sara M. M.  Jolliff

www.spiderwebspecialties.com

Arvind & Joyce deBraganca
_www.passport-anatolians.com_ (http://www.passport-anatolians.com/)  &
_www.redwing-anatolians.com_ (http://www.redwing-anatolians.com/)
"It is difficult for a religious man to  stand and watch his church burn."
- Joe  Bihari

(  /  \  )    TAKE THIS LITTLE ANGEL
( / \/ \ )   AND KEEP HER CLOSE  TO YOU
/  \    SHE IS YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL