[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I HAVE A GREAT SUGGESTION

  • From: Pammy <gsdlover729@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: the show list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 03:47:09 -0800 (PST)

Msg: #6 in digest
From: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 22:49:33 EST
Subject: Re: I HAVE A GREAT SUGGESTION

In a message dated 12/24/2005 10:03:39 PM Eastern
Standard Time,
Erynbrook@xxxxxxx writes:
If you  feel the need to debate the number of dogs per
acre, debarking
and
general animal care, why not do it in a chat room or
somewhere other
than  to
the
entire list. At least change the subject line?

Susan   Casey
Erynbrook German Shepherds
Front Range German Shepherd   Rescue

Please tell me where we can debate this. I just don't
see how any one or even two people can possibly give
32+ dogs the proper care lest not even get into
quality. Yes if you are running a kennel and have help
( a crew) come in, it may be possible. But honestly
how do you groom (including cleaning of teeth, ears,
bathing, nails, brushing excetra), train and give
attention to that many dogs? When someone finds out
please let me know so I can see how they pull a rabbit
out of their hat!
Let me see, 32 dogs, that means you can not spend even
one hour in a 24 hour day with each. Do the math, no
one person can do this on their own.
What does clean mean? Yes runs that are free from
urine and stool, but what about the walls of the area?
How about the animal being clean, doesn't that count?
Then there is the bedding or are we even giving that
to them?
I just don't see how it is possible for two people to
care for this many dogs, I don't care what breed they
are.

Health and Happiness
Pam and her pack

"Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are
incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate." - -Sigmund Freud