[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: OT 'virus'? making the rounds in Denver area....

  • From: Karen4paws@xxxxxxx
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 20:32:51 EST

Well, were in Ohio and the "virus" is here as well. It has run rampid
through our kennel. The dogs are fine and suddenly start with HORRID  diarrhea
and
vomiting. It is really bad for 24 hours and we about set out for  the ER vet
with the first few but as suddenly as it came on it seems to go. It  lingers
more 24 - 48 hours if you don't stop all fluids and food. We were giving  small
amounts of pedialite every hour to keep them hydrated. A few developed a
Kennel  Cough type issue following, most of them new arrivals who's immune
system
were probably compromised from stress already. Let me tell you, we have  29
dogs here now and it was NOT fun. We are seeing the end of it and pray it
never
returns. We about went nuts keeping dogs clean. They would vomit or have
diarrhea as soon as we got them cleaned up from their last bout x29 dogs!!! NOT

FUN AT ALL.

Karen Shirk, 4 Paws For Ability, Inc. and 4 Paws GSD Rescue
_www.4pawsforability.org_ (http://www.4pawsforability.org/)
karen4paws@xxxxxxx
253 Dayton Avenue, Xenia, Ohio 45385
937-374-0385  937-602-9448