[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Not that funny

  • From: Helen Franklin <helenfranklin520@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 16:26:40 -0700

It is so very sad to lose our most beloved icons of the Shepherd world. We
must send someone to
go with a tape recorder to spend a few days with these people and record
their knowledge, NOW.
I have been privileged to "listen" to Barbara Amidon and hear the many
stories of dogs and their
progeny. Her vast knowledge makes my head swim. She was close with many
of the east coast
handlers and dogs. What I particularly liked was her candid remarks both
good and bad and her
freedom to talk about same. No sugar coating from Barbara....how
refreshing.

Linda Bankhead has a great enthusiasm for sharing old and new records of
the breed. Perhaps she would
make a good person to compile these most important interviews. Her film of
conformation dogs I found of
great value. Anyone with "passion" for our breed and it's past and future
is what's required. Time is our
enemy...it must be done now!
Helen Franklin

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 4:11 PM, Redacted sender ELG440@xxxxxxx for DMARC <
dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Terry has a great idea. We still have Barbara and Helen. How many know
Fran Ford? He owned a dog named Lance of Fran Jo. Or Ed and Dave who
between them have judged How Many Nationals? Tom and Vivian are at
training class every week. Gloria and Cappy are still with us.

When I was going to do the interviews, we had Helen Fisher, Bob Penny and
the Lawrences, and so many others.

Either we lose the past, or we just move on. I am not going to advocate
either one, but I am sure glad I had a chance to know them.

Evan L.Ginsburg

*Click here: 2014 GSDCA NATIONAL - THE UNOFFICAL NATIONAL SITE
<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>Click here: GSD Youth Recognition Fund
<http://www.dogshowjuniors.com/jindex.html>Click here: Welcome to Asgard's
German Shepherds In a message dated 9/7/2015 1:40:18 P.M. Pacific
Daylight Time, tinky91147@xxxxxxxxx writes: can we down load her and save
her in the cloud :0) Terry On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 12:10 PM, Helen Franklin
< <http://www.asgardgsd.com/>helenfranklin520@xxxxxxxxx
<helenfranklin520@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote: NO ONE knows more than BARBARA AMIDON
regarding dogs and bloodlines of the past, NOT A SOLE walking around
today.....if anyone should head the committee, whose advice and wisdom
should be sought.......it is Barbara's!!! Other's can not hold a candle to
the knowledge she has of the actual dogs, bloodlines, progeny they produced
both here and in Germany. Her amazing knowledge needs to be recorded and
sought after NOW! This is the one with the wisdom.......a real breeder, a
real person of real knowledge!!!!! Helen Franklin 50 Year Member of the
GSDCA Judged 4 Nationals Founder AOE, Chair Over 20 Chs, Selects, ROMs, Mat
Vic. SchH1 <http://www.asgardgsd.com/>*