[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: New Treasurer of the GSDCA

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: petercacioppo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 17:43:01 EST

In a message dated 12/13/2007 5:29:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
petercacioppo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
When  people start wondering who would be good to be the new Treasurer of  the
GSDCA, please keep in mind what the GSDCA By-Laws state is the  requirement
(or at least the copy of the By-Laws that are in our just  received
Membership Handbook...thus I did not go to the web site to see if  there was
a revised version there).
It states in Article 4, Section  2(e)"
"The Treasurer shall have a minimum of five (5) years of public or  private
accounting experience."

My interpretation of that: the  Treasurer shall have worked for an accounting
firm (i.e. public accounting,  not necessarily a CPA firm, just a public
accounting firm) or worked as an  accountant for either a for-profit or
non-profit organization, for instance  worked as an accountant for a real
estate developer or for a charitable  foundation.

My recommendation is to try and find such a person who has  just retired,
from our GSDCA membership list, by sending out an email  asking for such a
person to contact a certain person at the GSDCA.  I  am saying retired since
it appears to do a good job at the position it  would take many, many hours
of work each week.

Thank You Peter.

It seems the candidate needs to be a CPA also. I cant find my roster with
the info (still unpacking)  and cant access the PC website.  So, if  anyone has
all the requirements needed to be considered for the PC Treasurer  position,
please post it.

For a long time now I have been suggesting we have an apprentice of sort
along with our Treasurer. An assistant, who can see that the treasury is run
smoothly in case of emergency. What if the Treasurer fell ill? It is the most
critical office in our organization.

I recommended this to Gail also. Maybe Bill's resignation will help drive
the importance of this office.

Thanks to Bill for all his work. We don't need to agree on many things, but
you cant take away that being a treasurer is a lot of work. And for that we
thank him.

Ileana