[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: New Book and some history again

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: MissHereford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 07:34:22 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 12/27/2011 6:15:49 P.M. Central Standard Time,
MissHereford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Her  facts in many areas are incorrect - for example lee Duncan was  VERY
involved with the GSD, in fact he was co-owner of Ch. Tasso of Villa  Marina
and owner of Ch. Flash of LaSalle and was inducted into the GSDCA  Hall of
Fame - Orlean portrays him as only being interested in the "One"  dog, the
first Rin Tin Tin. Longtime GSDCA member Bob Penny verified that  fact to me
in an interview I did with him at the 1999 National in Del  Mar.

It's interesting how history  involves us,When I got my first  two GSDs way
back in the 50's,Jack Sinykin ,who owned and ran LaSalle  Kennels,was a
close source of knowledge  and information for us in  Minnesota. The first 4-5
people who helped me start our local GSD club  always went out to his  20
acres( his home was on the property also) every  weekend and sat and listened
to all his  history ,. He would bring out dog  after dog ,and all his
puppies . He was also a horse man,and would show off  those also. . He'd talk
about his Jewish history in Europe,and how he immigrated  to the USA & started
La Salle Kennels to train guide dog for the blind  . We couldn't get enough
of his knowledge,and pestered him every week-end   I ended up one day
bringing home a puppy - that I named Chief and turned out to  be long-haired
and a
monorchid,That's when I started in obedience. And one Sat  ,when we all
went out there ,he had a guest visitor by the name of Lee Duncun..  It was a
fun time and Lee asked if any of us knew Ann Mesdag. Apparently   Ann helped
him picking out certain dogs to train for Movies. . Of Course I  had met
Ann,because we'd had a Board meeting out there in Seattle and Ann and  Theis
had
hosted the Board,and then I had  also judged the National  there,and stayed
at Ann's    Helen Miller  Fisher