[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Microchips

  • From: "Harlowe Jahelka" <hcj2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lollark@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 11:07:38 -0500

Hi Karen and All,
The Griff Illustrated Standard is Excellent and a great tool for new Judges and
new owners.

I spent last week at the American Dog Show Judges Association advanced training
seminar in Pennsylvania. In six days we spent class room time 2 hours each on
two breeds  and hands on with approx 6 dogs per breed in the afternoon. We
placed the dogs critiqued them, and were in turn critiqued by the breeder/
handlers. The easiest breeds were the ones with the best Illustrated standards.

All 112 students, split into 16 per group, had several things in common; We all
had to be approved to Judge at least 4 breeds to attend, we all paid several
hundred dollars to attend the seminar and travel, we all were trying to give
something back to the Sport, and we all were trying to become the "HATED"
multiple breed judges.

Off the top of my head the GSD people that were there were there were, Sue
Godec, Chuck Trotter, Lee Herr, Nancy Glabicki, Sunny Ambrosio, and myself. I'm
sure there were others but could not find my class roster.

Harlowe Jahelka
Belleterre GSDs and Brussels Griffons
Monterey, TN

Subject: Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Microchips

  This email prompted me to research brussels griffins online.  They have a
very readable illustrated standard.  It uses a variety of pictures of dogs
illustrating correct attributes and words to caution about undesirable traits.
I felt like I quickly got a sense of what the breed should be.  Nicely done.

  Karen

    -------------- Original message from "Harlowe Jahelka"
<hcj2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------