[ SHOWGSD-L ] Judging is a good thing

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 10:16:41 EDT

In a message dated 8/1/2005 9:32:20 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxx writes:
Ring  Procedure is not that difficult,  and lack of experience would not be
as  big a
problem as exhibiting under the same Judges over and  over.

I have to agree. For years we have complained about problems  that might come
about due to "lack of ring experience".  When is the last  time you had a
problem in judging because of "lack of ring experience?"   The worst thing that
might happen is that it will take a bit longer to finish  judging, and is that
a big deal?

I have seen seasoned judges forget a group of dogs, I have  seen dogs excused
prior to the individual examination. I have seen a judge in  the middle of
the ring wondering what to do, (I have done that myself).   Ring experience is
not going to improve judging.

It is time to reconsider the restrictions on Futurity judges,  and let some
other people get in the ring and show how smart they are, or  not.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together