[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Is this for real?

  • From: PlushPuppyOhio <plushpuppyohio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wynsum@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 19:35:20 -0700 (PDT)

I used to have a good friend in college that used this system.   He had lights
in his house to tell him when the "phone" was ringing.... he wold then go to
his computer.

True story- my job now is in Sales.  I was calling on a company just the other
day... and dialed the wrong number.  The guy that answered was yelling and
talking weird, and I soon caught on he was deaf.  He kept repeating that he
could barely make out what I would say... but that I needed to call the
transcription place and give them his phone number... so they would call him
back on his computer.  I finally got him to understand "ok".... but the sad
thing was... I had dialed the wrong number.   I didn't know what number he was
at nor his name, so I couldnt get the transcription (or whatever they're
called) to call him back.   I felt so bad.  I sure hope he wasn't waiting on
the computer for my return call.

Dog related- they can train Shepherds to know the difference between incoming
TDD calls, and door bells, and alert the deaf of their incoming inquiry.   ;-)

Sean

Doc Zoe <wynsum@xxxxxxx> wrote:
The person is deaf. THey use a TDD and the operator tells you what they t=
ype
Usually, the operator tells you that person is deaf and explains how to us=
e the system

On 31 Aug 2005, at 21:50, Margaret Wall wrote:

Just received a phone call which consisted of an operator who transferred =
an inquiry on pups from someone typing it out on a PC . I was told to giv=
e verbal response at which point the person inquiring gave me an e-mail ad=
dress to which I should send details about the pup. Have others of you
had similar or is this some sort of scam? Margaret
Dr Zo=EB M Backman
http://wynsumgsd.com
Support Your Vets and POW/MIAs

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original